Hello new and returning Concordia Boys Cross Country parents!
I am already getting excited about the 2017 Cross Country season and about working out with this great group of Crusader boys!
It is extremely important that we use these summer months to get prepared for training and racing in the August heat. This is our preseason, and we need to use it to get stronger as runners and teammates. If runners are in town and not working, we would like to see them three days a week. Summer training is the key to faster, injury-free times in the fall. Summer workouts will be a combination of team workouts and OYO (On Your Own) workouts.
- We would like all runners to have a GPS enabled running watch for workouts this summer and throughout the season. I like the Garmin Forerunner 10 or 15. It is the cheapest around and doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles. You can also find refurbished Garmins that cost only about $60. A good, comfortable pair of running shoes is also very important, and during these summer workouts especially, a water bottle is essential.
- If your son is a new student at Concordia next year, I need him to join our REMIND text group (This is just for me to communicate with the runners). Please have him text @clhsxc to 81010.
- All parents, if you’d like to be on the parent REMIND text group, please text @parent-xc to 81010.
- If your son is new to the program (freshmen – seniors), I need his cell phone number. Please email me.
- Athletic Physical forms must be on file with our athletic trainer, Dr. Hudson, in order to participate in official practices in August. Forms may be picked up in the school office and turned in to Dr. Hudson or our athletic director, Mr. Neidigk. WITH THE SUMMER HEAT COMING, I WOULD PREFER YOU GET THIS DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Mandatory Fall Sports Parent Meeting – Monday, July 31st, 6:30 PM. At least one parent must attend this meeting, which will be lead first by our athletic director, Mr. Neidigk, followed by a breakout session for each team.
Thank you for joining or returning to our program. Remember, that we believe fast runners are great, but we’d rather have great kids. Our program’s core values are F. A. S. T. (Fraternity, Attitude, Service, Training Tops Talent). Your boys will learn more about those values during the season.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!